Written by Michele Brawn (email)
We saw a lot of new faces at this months north end monthly meeting. We had to bring in extra chairs to provide adequate seating for everyone, it was standing room only!
Cody Moen from the Discovery Channels, "Bering Sea Gold" and a Monroe native, and member of Prospectors Plus also attended and spoke and answered questions. We will have the South end meeting on the 21st, and raffle off a similar prize as well and will post the winners later this month.
- Doug & Pam, members and owners of Woodinville Saws & Mowers are giving Prospectors Plus members a 10% discount at their location in Clearview. 360-668-3300 -18026 State Route 9 SE Snohomish, WA 98296
- Brawn Mfg. will have its Premier 2-in-1 gold pan ready hopefully by early May.
- Brawn Mfg. has created a deep riffle power sluice with water bar and stand for sale now. This is great at the beach and very lightweight. It is an excellent water powered sluice for any fine gold/gold recovery.
- Gold retort systems,(safe and easy cleaning of gold) and commercial size trommels are also now avaliable and for sale.
- California dredgeing is now open again, but there are a lot of restrictions. Only 1,500 permits will be given out. So, if you are intrested in California mining, get your dredge permits as soon as possible.
- There is a clarification on the State Discover Pass. Thanks to Dirk Sundbaum, member, he forwarded this email to me from the government parks dept. "The key here is whether a person is parking on land owned and/or managed by WDFW, DNR or State Parks, or whether it is on land owned and managed by something or someone else. For example, if it is parking on State, County or City public road right-of-way, a Discover Pass would not be required. But if there is a parking area off the right-of-way that functions as a trailhead and is managed by one of the three recreation agencies, then a Discover Pass is required. Plus, there should be specific signs up that say “Discover Pass required here.”
- Make sure to visit us at all the gold shows this year. List of shows in flash in the pan under gold show schedule.
- We had a great Olney creek, spring kick-off and BBQ. We had about 75 folks at the store Saturday am 3/10, and sluiced, panned and came back to finish out cons with an awesome BBQ! Thanks all who brought goodies and drinks to share.
- We will be having a Waddell Creek Reclamation Day soon. We need to remember to fill in the holes and respect the natural way of the land. Our group is not responsible, but we are going to reclaimate and set a good example for everyone. We will be posting the day asap. Call the store if you would like to help with this recalmation day. A date has not yet been set.
- Remember to join the Resource Coalition if you ever needed any legal help with mining claims etc. they are your greatest backup and asset. Applications are at the store.